Go pound some sand.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Decisions Decisions....

So I picked up some 4mm spacers for my xB a while ago, but i never got around to putting them on since one of my tires went bust on at Volks. I was bored today so i decided to soo how they would look on the car. I put one side on with one of my Volks and ran into a little dilemma. For those that don't know there is a "design flaw" with the xB. the passenger side rear sits a few millimeters out more than the driver side does. Thus causing one side of the car to poke more than the other. Some say its only a 3mm difference or so. Well i put on my driver side rear with the spacer and noticed how it sat like the passenger side one without the spacer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is my dilemma. I'm sorta anal when it come to thigs being the same. IE one side same as the other etc etc. I want to run the spacers on both sides so i can be at "-1 offset" in the rear. But with the issue the xBs have the passenger side will poke more. So here is my question. Run one on the driver's side or run both? I cant decide. Help will be greatly appreciated! Please comment!

-EAmon

No comments:

Post a Comment